Terms of service
Terms and Conditions of use of the Buckinghamshire Family History Society Shop.
1. These Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) are specifically for the use of our On-Line Shop and are in addition to the T&Cs which are on the main site (http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk).
2. Personal information (name, address, email address etc.) collected as part of the ordering process are for use only to process orders and will not be passed on the any third party other than when directly related to the processing of your order including collecting payment.
3. You warrant that the personal details which you are required to provide when you register as a customer to place an order are true and accurate in all respects.
4. By submitting an order through this website you are agreeing to purchase goods from us and are allowing us to use your personal information to process your order.
5. Goods will only be dispatched upon receipt of full payment and confirmation of your order. All Goods remain the property of Bucks FHS until full payment has been received and the item(s) has/have been dispatched.
6. When you click on the "accept" button you are agreeing to these T&Cs. By completing and submitting the order you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result on a binding contract.
7. Bucks FHS cannot be held responsible for undelivered goods where an invalid or incorrect address is given.
Right to Cancel
8. Goods and services purchased on this site come under The Consumer Protection (Distant Selling) Regulations 2000. This gives rights to the consumer. The Society's policy under the Regulations is as set out below
Name and address of the Society
9. Details on the T&Cs page on the main site
Goods and Services on offer and prices
10. These are described on various pages on the web site
11. There is no requirement for the Society to register for Value Added Tax and therefore there is no VAT or any other UK tax due on any services supplied by the Society. The prices quoted after adding postage and packing is the total price.
Delivery and Cost (postage and packing)
12. Delivery is usually within 7 days of receipt of the order. If we are not able to ship the order within 28 days then we will notify you of the expected delivery date. Costs of Postage and Packing are added when your order is completed and shown before you complete your order.
Cancelling your order
13. All orders may be cancelled within 7 days. In the case of good supplied (e.g. books) this is 7 days from the date of receipt by the consumer.
If you decide to cancel your order, the law requires you to do this in writing. This should be done either by post or email (if available) to the address from which the original order was sent.
On receipt of a cancellation notice and the returned goods the Society is required to refund the cost within 30 days. Cost of postage for the returned goods will be borne by the customer.
Any orders for magazines or periodicals which the Society may from time to time sell are excluded from the right to cancel.
14. You agree to indemnify Bucks FHS, its officers, employees, agents and suppliers against all claims, losses, liability, damages, costs and expenses arising out of any breach or perceived breach of all T&Cs by you and any other liabilities arising out of your use of the Website or the use of the Website by any other person accessing the Website using your account and/or your personal details.
15. You acknowledge and agree that all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the content of items sold in this shop are owned by Bucks FHS or its licensors. You are permitted to use such material only as expressly authorised by the Society or its licensors and all rights are reserved.
16. In order to process payments online we require the billing address for the credit card used and our external payment provider, Protx, requires your credit card details. For details of how your information is used, please see the section on Credit Card Payments.
17. Your Personal Information is stored in our databases, which are located in the UK. Please note that the information you enter may at some time be transferred outside the European Economic Area for the purposes of processing by Bucks FHS or any of its affiliates or agents. By submitting your information, you consent to this transfer.
18. Bucks FHS complies with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and is registered with the Data Protection Registrar number Z9185382.
Credit Card Payment
19. SagePay are our external payment provider. In addition to the information outlined above, we require the billing address of the credit card you use so that we can pass this to SagePay who check the address against the cardholder's details for security purposes. We store these billing details on our servers in case we need to contact you in the future regarding payments.
SagePay requires that you provide your credit card details to process the transaction. This is done on a secure SagePay server using SSL (secure sockets layer). As you go through the transaction process we let you know when you are about to be transferred to SagePay's servers for the secure transaction. After the transaction has been authorised you are returned to the BucksFHS site.
Bucks FHS does not have any access to these credit card details and they are not stored or processed in any way by BucksFHS. In the case of a suspected fraudulent transaction, card details may be disclosed to BucksFHS by SagePay or our acquiring bank or the card scheme (Visa or Mastercard) for the sole purpose of performing further checks. BucksFHS is not permitted to then retain these details.
Some items in our shop are supplied by 3rd parties and these items will be shipped by them. The supplier of these items is identified within the item description. Just like BucksFHS these 3rd party suppliers will not have access to your card details. BucksFHS will however disclose your contact details to the supplier in order for them to be able to post your purchases to you.